Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Junior Project Manager.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2022 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Working with a Senior IT Project Manager to maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures;
- Establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships through effective communication to engage stakeholders and ensure project deliverables are met;
- Supporting the Project Manager(s) and/or PMO to monitor and evaluate all aspects of program and project implementation, including risk and contingency management to identify and address issues, assess project progress and effectiveness, and achieve project outcomes;
- Working effectively as part of dynamic project teams, ensuring compliance with governance and quality requirements, to successfully deliver all key program and project/s milestones and outcomes;
- Organising regular project meetings with the project manager and project teams, and supporting to the project manager in developing agendas, and maintaining and updating associated minutes and actions;
- Supporting the project manager(s) in maintaining project artefacts such as maintenance of risks, issues, actions and dependencies registers, and assisting in the development of regular project reporting to the PMO; and
- Providing administrative support as needed.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Well written, interpersonal and representational skills, with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- Analysis and problem solving skills, sound judgement and ability to think strategically;
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight deadlines within a dynamic team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and effectively as part of a team and complete activities within an interdependent work plan;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including expertise in Microsoft Project; and
- Effective records Management experience.
It is desirable if you have:
- Prince 2 or Agile Certified practitioner;
- ITIL Certified practitioner;
- Managing Successful Programmes Certified Practitioner;
- Experience working with aged care and/or health systems is highly desirable; and
- Experience in working with Whole-of-government frameworks is also desirable.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #212962
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.