Our client is seeking to engage 2 x Java Developers to design and develop client facing, web based transaction systems using Java platforms.
In this role you will:
- Develop system build processes;
- Configure, test and debug application and/or system software;
- perform software development (including coding and unit testing), quality assurance testing and support of user acceptance testing, where required;
- attend and actively contributing to workshops including those discussing technical designs;
- work closely with the Business Analysts, the Solution Architect and the Technical Lead in order to translate functional requirements, architecture documentation and high level design documents into detailed technical design documents;
- demonstrate a pragmatic approach to design and development requirements;
- provide realistic estimatations of duration of required development work;
- work with the Development Manager to ensure delivery of the agreed deliverables within agreed timeframes;
- perform regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality;
- establish and nurture development capability;
- coach and mentor junior team members
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- 5-10+ years Java development experience.
- Exposure to and utilisation of design patterns in order to solve re-occurring problems.
- Exposure to and utilisation of SDLC methodology.
- Technologies: Spring, JPA, JUnit, etc.
- Database: IBM DB2.
- IDE's: preferably SpringSource.
- Application Server: preferably WebSphere.
- Standards: WS-I Basic Profile, WS-* standards.
- Integration Technologies: JMS, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO BusinessWorks, etc.
- Other: Jenkins, SVN, TOAD, Oxygen XML, Nexus, Maven, TIBCO, etc.
The following experience would be highly regarded:
- Development knowledge on Windows.
- Knowledge of ETL concepts.
- Eclipse desktop development.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Paul Vinay on 02 6245 1725 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.