This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
As the IT Contract and Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the overall management and control of the operation of formal contracts for supply of IT related products and services. Specifically, the role is focused on securing the best deal for the organisation, leading complex negotiations and using modern procurement techniques such as small contracts and performance/reward-based contracts. Furthermore, as the Contract and Commercial Manager you will be accountable for the end to end contract management lifecycle processes and performance management of IT related vendors.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Negotiate deals to ensure each party understands their rights, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Oversee and measure fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Assist in improving overall risk management, procurement and governance in all commercial arrangements.
- Lead the resolution of issues and commercial disputes and ensure adherence to all IT contract processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop of financial plans, including budgeting and forecasting for the short and long term.
- Drive efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and delivered on budget.
- Monitor progress against business priorities specified in business cases.
- Manage definition and execution of additional service or variations to the contract.
- Manage relationships with suppliers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Law or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating complex contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in IT contract management and project management.
- Demonstrated experience in IT contract governance including managing contract risks and mitigations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple and complex formal contracts.
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships, engage and influence senior business and IT stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads/tasks.
- Good understanding of finance and accounting concepts.
This is a rare permanent opportunity to be part of a large and ongoing transformation with an organisation that is very visible and touches many aspects of everyday life. For your efforts you'll enjoy a great work life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are ready for a change and tired of the Sydney commute this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.
Job reference: 196977