Our client, a well-known, large enterprise, is seeking a DevOps Engineer. This is a 3-month contract opportunity with views of extensions!
The DevOps Engineer will deliver new CI/CD capabilities to meet customer needs, by providing required DevOps design and implementation in the required platforms, provide required strategies and implementation of CI/CD pipelines and provide requirements and evolve the most feasible solution based on the requirements.
As the DevOps Engineer be building a single toolset for everything, experience with Artifactory, Jira and Confluence, GoCD or equivalent, Git (Gitlab and Bitbucket) will be handy. Networks experience will also be a great skill to have for this role, so it will be looked upon favourably.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drive the development and maintenance of the DevOps best practice and capability across SNE
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the Ops and Engineering teams
- Develop, implement and maintain software automation to improve products and services
- Prepare clear and concise process documentation describing how networks, infrastructure, products and services operate
- Carry out in-depth and critical analysis of vendor/open source technologies and provide contingency options to ensure a streamlined integration/delivery
- Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- Review and provide input into the 'product infrastructure' plans and directions (roadmap)
- Define and communicate the 'product infrastructure' requirements to all relevant areas within Engineering (i.e. Technology Roadmap owners etc.) - features/services, performance/availability and SLA's
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based environments
- Must have hands-on experience on Redhat Openshift installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Automation skills are a must using python, shell scripting etc.
- Excellent knowledge of working with DevOps tools such as - Bamboo, Jira, BitBucket/GitLab, SonarQube, Coverity, Artifactory/Nexus etc.
- Good knowledge on document-oriented databases like Elasticsearch, Couchbase etc.
- Knowledge on security protocols like TLS, HTTPS, LDAPS is preferred.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet etc. will also be looked upon favourably.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is preferred but not mandatory.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jade De Silva quoting reference: 211131.