Our CBD based client is seeking an experienced Devops Engineer, with a focus on CI/CD. Initially the role will be a 6-month contract, working with a large and complex projects.
As the Devops Engineer, you with work within a support function to the Autonomy Research, Development, and Testing teams, identifying the tools and processes to facilitate best practices for software packaging and deployment area. The purpose of this role is to bring structure, processes, and integration to a very large, complex and multidisciplined collection of projects. The role will work closely with Engineering Leads to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and align with long term visions.
Duties will include:
* Working across multiple projects to design and implement packaging, distributing and deployment solutions.
* Determining short term and long-term strategies.
* Standardising solutions where appropriate.
* Documenting technical solutions and their justification.
* Tertiary Qualifications in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
* Demonstrated experience with deploying software from code to multiple environments (Production, UAT).
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment and with internal IT personnel to ensure the environment is deployed and secured appropriately.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines. GitLab and Azure Devops .
* Experience with multiple software packaging technologies. Debian Packaging, Docker, and NuGet an advantage.
* Experience with software deployment strategies and tools. Octopus, Ansible, scripting an advantage.
* Experience debugging and maintaining services using technologies like Docker Swarm.
* Experience with Linux as both an OS for hosting tools and as a deployment target. Embedded systems deployment an advantage.
If you have the required skills and are available work within 2 weeks, please Apply Now. Alternatively you can call 08 9423 1449 to speak to Gayle Truslove, or email wa.jobs@peoplebank with an updated Word CV