- Excellent rate with penalty rates
- Based in the South East suburbs
- Great starting point career opportunity
Our client, a leader within in the managed services and telecommunications industry has an excellent opportunity for a Customer Support Operator to join their team on an initial 12-month contract.
As a Customer Support Operator, you will support and coordinate activities within the Network Operation Centre (NOC), ensuring the appropriate and timely notification of network and maintenance statuses.
Supporting a busy NOC environment, you will be responsible for network incidents, diagnosing alarms and implementing remedial actions whilst also assessing customer impacts and incident severities.
Role includes the following.
- Responsible for user support (telephone, email, and fax) and excellent customer service by providing tier 1 technical and non technical support.
- Escalating any customer incidents that cannot be resolved within specified time frames to the relevant team members and work with them until the incident is resolved.
- Liaising with all relevant teams to resolve any identified issue.
- Assist the team during major incidents.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks to successfully maintain a highly accurate Asset Management Database.
- Develop good customer relationships through excellent customer service.
- Understanding of Communication Systems, Radio Network and Network Management System is highly desirable, however not essential
- Have worked in a help desk environment ideally 12 months;
- Demonstrated experience in using customer relationship and incident management tools
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- excellent communication skills written/verbal
This is truly an excellent entry level opportunity to join a highly collaborative and motivated team of IT professionals. Essential will be your proactive approach, your ability to prioritise in a high pressure environment, whilst still focusing on providing high levels of customer service.
As part of this role a Police Clearance will be required. Working hours will be 12 hour shifts (40-45 hours a week /night shift work) and alternative weekend work will also be required. Shift penalties will also apply.
If you're passionate about working with a leading organisation and this sounds like the opportunity you have been seeking, please forward your resume or alternatively for a confidential conversation contact John on 03 8080 7260.