The Development Expert engages in the design and the development of high-quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements.
Key tasks and duties may include:
- Perform and manage analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities.
- Solve highly complex problems and deliver high quality solutions.
- Perform high-level analysis of technical requirements to support project evaluation with proposed solutions.
- Undertake technical design and development of highly complex custom solutions, and/or standard conversion and migration solutions.
- Manage the release and ensure go-live production support and maintenance for the team's developments.
- Proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies.
- Lead and manage the operations of a team including overseeing work priorities and resource management.
- Maintain and support existing system/technology to support day-to-day operation report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance in responsibility.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as a COBOL developer on an IBM mainframe
- Demonstrated experience in DELTA, MQ, CIS, DB2 and VSAM
- Demonstrated experience in Objectstar and Database Modelling
- Ability to contribute to solution design where appropriate and provide technical design documentation
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting reference 241020
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.