This global financial institution is the envy of its rivals with an impeccable brand and culture to match. They currently require a Senior Java Backend Developer to assist them with the redevelopment of their internet and mobile banking applications from an existing solution to a new open source platform.
We require an individual who is passionate about development and ready to pick up tasks that cover functional and non-functional requirements.
The Senior Java Back End Developer will build solutions that are highly sustainable and flexible, architecturally sound and perform optimally you will assist in training and mentoring colleagues and contributing to building enterprise solutions.
Technical and Specialist Skills -
- Advanced knowledge of Java
- Professional experience with Spring, Apache and Camel
- Server Configuration
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP)
- API knowledge (e.g. REST, SOAP);
- Experience with Back End development in Web, Mobile, APIs
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Junit, Spring Testing) (Cucumber is desirable)
- Software Project Management tools (such as Maven, Gradle)
You will have
- Strong hands-on programming skills
- Champion delivery by being an active scrum team member
- Writing smart code with a focus on testability and write the test code as a core requirement in CI-CD
- Working closely with the product owner, business analysts and developers in requirements analysis
- Create detailed design documents
- Provide coaching and assistance to the teams as required
- Ensure design documentation are up-to-date
You must have had previous experience with
- 5 years professional Java coding experience
- Enterprise software architectures and web technologies
- Previous experience with Source Control and Project Build Tooling
- Previous experience in an agile/iterative environment
This is a 12 month contract to start in February.