- Federal Government Organisation
- Melbourne CBD
- Contract until 30/06/2022 (3 years contract)
Seeking an Application Architect work within a large Federal Government Organisation.
Experienced Application Architect to play a leading role in the review assessments, defining solutions architectures across the application suite, establishing approaches to remediation, and support the planning for the remediation work effort
- Define remediation solution architectures; context, overview, components, relation back to requirements, with solution architecture views as required for example security, integration, infrastructure.
- Assist with defining application remediation targets and non-functional requirements.
- Own remediation solution templates.
- Assist with defining security and resilience risk from an application perspective.
- Assist with defining approaches, patterns, and projects to deliver the solution architectures using a component-based architecture approach.
- Assist with estimating projects.
- Liaise with other workstreams and BAU staff to agree solution architectures and work split.
- Help define overall risk assessments based on the application portfolio as a whole.
Essential skills and experience
- Application Solution Architecture - ability to define end to end solutions for applications that require security and/or resilience remediation.
- Non-functional requirements definition - ability to define, especially security, resilience.
- Estimating - able to define estimating frameworks, then execute estimates for technical components of solutions.
- Technical project definition - able to assist project managers to define project components, design and strategy.
- Ability to understand end goals and work backwards to define and carry out technical tasks to achieve the goals.
- Technical consulting background.
- Well versed in application security and secure coding practises
- Business case development.
- Deep experience in bespoke application architectures
- Experienced with both on-premise and Cloud based application architecture
- The technical scope of this role is extremely broad; everything from Linux, Oracle database, Python, Java, Ruby, builds to packages such as desktop applications or server platforms like databases. Deep expertise in any specific technology is not required, but a technically broad awareness at an application level is.
- Government experience.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Lavanya Swamy on 03 8080 7213 quoting reference: #197180
Please click the apply button.