Peoplebank has partnered closely with our client to build their technical team, working with their leadership to hire this role exclusively. Suitable candidates will be provided insight into the company, their tech, their culture and every detail of this opportunity
Our client's platform (both national & global) makes critical services available to everyone. With up to 40,000 users per day they are making the world a better place.
Apart from them from emerging as the uniquely dominant market player and force for good, they are also positioned to be nucleus of a high value partner ecosystem. Growing this ecosystem and making it as easy as possible for other great services to integrate into their platform is a key part of their growth strategy.
You will be the technical ambassador for their developer ecosystem, helping third party developers learn about and build on top of their platform. You will play an active role in creating, running or growing developer or partner ecosystems including building solutions and producing content like: training, blogging, tutorials, videos or open-source contributions and third-party developer tools.
As a full stack developer, you'll be working across the front-end and back-end software stack, with a focus on back-end.
The back-end is Node.js primarily, with some servers using Scala and Haskell. They follow a micro services architecture since the backend services that power video consultations scale in a diverse manner. Everything is built around APIs. The local development environment is spun up using Docker images to allow you full control. They follow a continuous integration and continuous delivery approach with a vast automated test suite and an automated deployment pipeline into AWS. You'll be working across most of the platform components, including their WebRTC based video conferencing solution, third party integrations, and their internal and external applications.
There client facing web application is built with a particular focus on a top notch user experience. Built on the React and Mercury frameworks, they follow modern responsive design principles. Mobile apps are build using react-native.
You'll also be helping to build the engineering culture by identifying and communicating best practices, and participating in code reviews.
- 4 years of experience as a software engineer, developer, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience of a full-stack engineer delivering production-ready systems using modern technologies
- js, Typescript & other frontend frameworks and tools
- js and other language for backend development
- Familiarity with Agile practices, especially Scrum and Sprint software lifecycles
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute as part of a team
- A demonstrated love of clean, maintainable code
- Familiarity with Cloud services such as AWS
- Microservices & serverless architecture experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery (CICD) & test-driven development (TDD)
- Docker and related tools
- Sound security understanding, and the ability to know when to pause and escalate
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- You will be given loads of trust and autonomy to create and deliver
- Their culture suits people happy finding answers on their own and creating solutions where they don't yet exist
- You will be working within a skilled, respectful, passionate, open and close-knit developemnt team, who start each day with a quick video stand-up over coffee
- This role is currently largely a remote, with an intention to remain blended between working from home and flexible office working hours so being driven and self-directed is a must!
They are looking for someone who loves to learn and are keen to get stuck in, while taking responsibility for delivering a quality product. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding Mid Level Developerto join one of Australia's leading growing companies. You will be making a huge contribution and helping the greater community and you will contribute to the growth and development of this business. To apply please quote reference number #207187