About the Company
Work for a government-owned corporation that provides postal services to Australia, seeking for a Windows Support Engineer
About the role
Demonstrates leadership and provides expertise, maintenance and support for the Windows Services infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's applications and all of the application interfaces which deliver the end-to-end business process.
- Responsible for the operation of Windows Services, activities and the various applications that the team supports and enhances.
- Responsible for ensuring operational support meets agreed Business Service Levels.
- Drives continuous performance improvement by measuring, categorising and tracking progress of issues.
- Monitors, manages and improves against key measures, metrics and service levels set for incident management.
- Report on workload appropriately using service management, configuration and event data
- Provide 24/7 support to the Windows service as part of an oncall roster
- The role will have a focus on delivering business as usual at an expert level while extending and improving our services
Experience and Skills required
- Must be an expert in one or more service technologies i.e. PowerShell/AD/DNS/DHCP/ADFS/AzureAD/Windows Server
- Advanced with Powershell scripting using object orientated methodologies, can prove examples · Proficient with IBM hardware, virtualisation and containers
- Excellent management of high volume change management requirements
- MCSE certification is required
- Must have strong communication skills - both verbally and written and can articulate ideas at appropriate levels depending on the audience
- Has a strong working knowledge of IT security principals
- ITIL certified with an understanding of Agile
- VMware experience
- AWS experience
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW!
For any further questions or information, please contact Arriane at 02-4016-8251 and quote job #258892
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.