Do you thrive on simplifying complex processes and turning business needs into effective solutions? Join our client's Service Delivery Office (SDO) and help them streamline operations for the Australian Public Service!
This is a 12-month contract role with no possible extensions, located in Canberra, ACT. Working arrangements are negotiable to fit your needs.
As the Business Analyst, you will:
- Become the bridge: Collaborate with staff, clients, and internal teams to understand business requirements and develop solutions for our ERP software and related systems.
- Standardize and streamline: Establish consistency in Standard Operating Procedures and Business Continuity Plans to ensure smooth operations.
- Analyze and optimize: Comprehensively review and test existing business processes to identify areas for improvement and ensure they meet operational needs.
- Document and trace: Capture requirements from workshops, analyze standard processes, and map gaps to develop best practices and document decision-making.
- Craft key artefacts: Create vital business and system requirement documents for the SDO.
- Master the tools: Utilize business modelling systems and tools effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver on time and within budget: Ensure all deliverables meet deadlines, adhere to standards, and offer cost-effective solutions.
- Communicate clearly: Keep stakeholders informed with regular progress reports and provide accurate effort estimations.
- Collaborate and contribute: Build and improve team processes to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- Be ready for anything: Provide additional project, analysis, workshop, and reporting support as needed.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Sharp analytical skills: Unravel complex problems and identify the best solutions.
- Adaptability and resilience: Thrive in dynamic environments and navigate change with ease.
- Business process mastery: Understand and map complex business processes effectively.
- Modelling and documentation expertise: Use modelling tools and document procedures with exceptional clarity.
- Influencing and communication power: Captivate audiences, build consensus, and communicate ideas persuasively.
- Interpersonal savvy: Build and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Structured approach: Apply frameworks and methodologies effectively to ensure organized analysis.
- Presentation and facilitation skills: Engage and inform stakeholders through impactful presentations and workshops.
- Extensive business analysis experience: Proven success in analyzing corporate business functions.
Bonus points if you have:
- SAP/ERP experience.
- Public sector experience.
- Familiarity with the Department of Finance culture.
Due to security clearance requirements, applicants must be Australian citizens with the ability to obtain Baseline security clearance.
The applicantions for the role closes on Monday, 5 February 2024 at 11 am.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Param Kaur on 0262689781 quoting Job Reference: # 260146
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.