About the Company
Our client, a multinational telecommunications company is looking for a part-time NOC Technical Support Officer
About the role
The NOC Technical Support Operator role provides technical support and coordinates activities within the Network Operation Center, verifying swift and accurate response to phone calls and emails received, ensuring the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate. Working closely with the NOC Senior Support specialists, the NOC Engineers and is responsible for the continued quality of service for the end user's infrastructure and Fault Management monitoring.
The NOC Technical Support Operator should strive to maintain the highest level of service for all customers; assuring the appropriate and timely notification of network and maintenance statuses.
You will be joining a team of Technical Support Specialists serving all relevant customer accounts. This role is required to develop strong relationships with the customer and all other supporting departments.
Additionally, the NOC Technical Support Operator is also required to perform some administrative tasks that help drive day to day performance.
* As a first point of contact you will be responding to phone calls and email requests received in the NOC by Incident logging, troubleshooting and restoring service. Ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met at all times
* Escalate issues to Tier 2 as needed, as well as set customer expectations for follow-up (i.e. when to expect a follow-up contact and by whom)
* Work within our ticketing system to create detailed work logs and improve technical documentation as part of our continual improvement process.
* Acting as the first point of contact for any Network/Subscriber related problems between NOC and its partners.
* Develop good customer relationships through excellent customer service
Skills and experience
* Helpdesk Operator Experience
* Good communication skills (written and verbal), driven, customer focused, team player, take ownership.
* Australian Certificate of Education or equivalent
* Basic networking knowledge
It will also be beneficial (not mandatory) if you have:
* 12 months in a technical helpdesk operator's role
* Radio / Transmission / Paging Network Experience/IP Networking
* University - Computer/ Engineering Studies
* ITIL Training/ foundations
Successful applicants will be required to pass a police security clearance
Ability to travel on regular basis, often on short notice
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW!
For any further questions or information, please contact Arriane at email@example.com or 02-4016-8251 and quote job #260571
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.