About the Company:
Our client an innovative leader in technology, they are a pioneer on networks providing products and services to millions of customers. They work with customers and partners to create a better digital future.
About the Role:
The Centre takes care of best practice workflows, manage infrastructure, quickly restore normal service operation when an incident occurs, gain understanding of underlying problems that are affecting normal service operation and initiate actions to resolve such problems, plan for and track changes and maintain service level agreements. They also proactively check different parts of the network and services, log issues, and send them to the right place to get fixed. If the problem is complicated, they involve experts at different levels to make sure it's fixed on time and meets the service standards. They handle international carrier or roaming partner issues, work with various teams to log, understand, and solve problems, and support the Critical Incident Management team for major issues.
- Survey, log, localise, assign, and manage network faults.
- Escalate faults per required service levels.
- Monitor Network Services operation via appropriate tools.
- Ensure the Incident Notification process is maintained to provide all interfacing departments, management and corporate customers details of faults, their effects, and the estimated time of rectification.
- Ensure that Customer Care staff are appraised of outage situations by updating the Network Events page.
- Interwork with other functional teams such as Change Management, Critical Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Utilize and enhance network operational documentation and procedures, reporting amendments and updates back to System Administrators/Team Leader.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years' experience in a Telecommunication Support environment required. Previous experience in a team in a Mobile Network Operations Centre is mandatory for this position.
- Working knowledge of MPLS, IP, Ethernet, DSL, voice, VoIP.
- Working knowledge of GSM, GPRS, 3G, IREG and associated VAS services required.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of operation and control of the networking equipment in use.
- Knowledge of HP OpenView, NetAct, Netcool, Agilent Tool Set, MS Excel, MS Word, Remedy ARS.
- IT/Telecommunication - Diploma/degree
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Pravin on email@example.com quoting reference 259990.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.