Junior Software Engineer (.NET)
Fantastic Opportunity for a Junior .Net developer to join this large financial institute for a 6-month contract with a view to grow within the organisation and become permanent after 6 months. Join existing teams that provide development, maintenance and support services across the organisation.
Seeking a Software Engineer with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mindset, to deliver scalable, high-quality and high-performance (web) applications on the Microsoft technology stack using CI/CD methodologies.
The successful candidate shall have can-do attitude while dealing with existing legacy system.
- Work closely with business analysts and product manager to understand business requirements.
- Working closely with application and integration architects to understand (and where necessary contribute to) to design.
- Deliver performance focused solutions which cater for a high-volume transaction
- Team Interaction - Ability to effectively collaborate with other team members, proactively share knowledge, information, and solutions to problems.
- Understanding Requirements
- Understanding the underlying business requirements, and creating code that will meet same.
- Ability to communicate with team on how technology might improve the business outcomes.
- Provide constructive feedback on documentation and actively participate in improvement.
- Provide constructive feedback on development process and actively participate in improvement.
- Hands on experience with .NET Framework; C#, ASP.net, WebAPI and RESTful API design.
- A good understanding of source control branching and merging strategies and when it's appropriate (preferably git)
- Good debugging skills; able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components.
- An understanding of continuous delivery and automated testing and the value that these provide
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen.
- Have experiencing working in a scrum\agile environment.
- A believer of software implementation best practices.
- Experience with RDBMS (preferably Oracle).
- Exposure to continuous delivery practices and principles
- Exposure to TDD, mocking frameworks, and automated testing frameworks
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation