Our Federal Government Client is looking for a Branch Architecture Lead to create a range of efficiencies in delivering best in class digital and data products. The division this role is part of is responsible for a suite of mission-critical systems and services.
The division's purpose is to deliver the important digital business and service reforms for the Client. The Client is at the forefront of bringing about large-scale change to agricultural export systems and bio-security cargo clearance systems, using the experience of their customers and stakeholders through digital transformation. This division's work will continue to support Australia economic recovery from COVID-19.
The Client is seeking a Branch Architecture Lead to work across multi-disciplinary teams to help them drive leading practice engineering capability.
The Branch Architecture Lead will:
- Establish and communicate the technical architectural vision for both current and future products within the branch.
- Offer daily management and technical architecture guidance to the branch's technical leads who assist various product teams.
- Ensure the quality of architectural artifacts produced by technical leads within the branch.
- Offer technical counsel to the branch service lead and delivery leads.
- Collaborate with other branch technical leads to ensure cohesive architectures are produced and implemented across branches.
- Report to the Program architect within the division.
- Recognise and coordinate technical dependencies between product teams across branches.
- Oversee the technical quality of the digital products and services within the branch.
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in managing architects and technical leads is required.
- Strong theoretical understanding of event-driven architecture and domain-driven design.
- Extensive experience in architecting APIs.
- Proven experience in leveraging Microsoft Azure for solution development.
- Deep understanding of common patterns for developing maintainable and scalable web applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of security by design, demonstrated knowledge of common web security issues and how to prevent them.
- Significant background working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams in a large-scale digital organization.
- Capability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Collaborative, curious, and helpful.
The role has an initial 12-Month contract with a possible 12-month extension. It is the Client's preference for the work to be done in either ACT or NSW, but the role is open to work remotely with the expectation of being able to attend regular weekly onsite meetings.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with active AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 259248
The closing date for this role is on Wednesday, 29 November, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.