Our client, a large federal government agency is seeking to engage an experienced Test Manager for an initial 12 month contract.
This role will be working on a multi year program to transform the organisation uses information to full advantage.
The Program involves very technical testing, with limited User Interfaces being available for use by testers. The Test Manager will therefore need to know how to work with SQL scripts and RESTful/JSON interfaces to be successful in this role.
In this role, you will work in collaboration with the clients staff providing the services below:
- Coordinate and coach project teams regarding proper test procedure, review techniques for test basis testing, test case definition, use of Quality Center, other test services, test automation, load and performance tests etc.
- Be the point of contact between project team, and enterprise test team, for all test activities
- Escalate all test-relevant topics, participates in defect identification on in the test environment
- Identify and escalate environment issues, data gaps and appropriate administration in a timely manner
- Assist in the formulation of requirements with the aim of both functional and non-functional requirements regarding project definition
- Define/select test-KPIs for the project reporting
- Use defect management (tracking, dispatching, analyzing, reporting)
- Prepare test concepts etc
- Work effectively in a small team environment
- Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience as a Test Manager with at least 7+ years in delivering Test Management projects, programs and initiatives
- Strong working experience in defining both manual and automated testing strategies, plans, frameworks, solutions and processes
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a large scale Infrastructure, End User Compute & Network Migration/Transformation Program/Projects
- Demonstrated experience in HP Application Lifecycle Management or other testing tools/methodologies, including automation tools
- Proven track record managing and leading testing projects and
- Ability to coordinate and lead a team.
Highly desirable skills include:
- Demonstrated experience to monitor, lead and manage personnel to ensure quality is maintained
- Proven experience in preparing, developing and executing test automation documentation
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge sufficient to manage others
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile / Scrum delivery environment
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative, innovative and a strong commitment to achieve business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an organised and thorough approach to testing
- Formal information and communications technology qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution; and
- ISTQB Advanced Test Management and Certified Agile Tester accreditation.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Paul Vinay on 02 6245 1725 email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.