To assist with aligning the Technology Network Operations data and voice telecommunications services with the overall Technology Strategy and in line with industry best practices.
Define and execute the data and voice telecommunications strategy and roadmap in line with the Technology and Corporate strategy, including protection and SCADA.
* Engage stakeholders and present in forums on technical solutions and best practices.
* Manage system integration efforts to ensure that the entire system is built in an efficient and robust manner towards a high level of maintainability, reliability and availability.
* Design telecommunications solutions to meet the defined architectural strategies, operational principles and is aligned with industry best practice.
* Participate in project business cases and technical requirements specification gathering exercises including functional and non-functional.
* Manage the design of telecommunication components in support of solution design.
* Review and improve telecommunication processes based on best practices in industry.
* Champion Architectural Review Board approval of conceptual and solution architecture.
* Supports the procurement and deployment of Telecommunications to deliver reliable and cost-efficient services
* Provides strategic direction to the planning and provision of technical support and service delivery for telecommunication services.
* Sets standards that drives consistent telecommunication services
Key Skills and Essential Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field of study
- Extensive experience in a similar/professional role within Consulting, Energy / Electrical, Telecommunications, Technology or Utilities sector
- Proven records of having utilised architect design capability model/reference architect / roadmap and blueprints, support standards and patterns for architecture practice ongoing and exp in solution design in the area of data and voice telecommunication services as well as enterprise domain.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Certification on Industry best practice architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
- Knowledge of communications aspects of electrical network components and operation in SCADA and Protection
- Experience in fibre, DWDM, MPLS, microwave and radio networks
- Digital voice systems, carrier networks and call centre
If interested in the role please click APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com Quoting Reference Number 211293