Our client is an Australian Government Agency, who is currently seeking a Technical Writer on an initial 12-month contract with views of extensions.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate technical writing skills and the ability to interpret information from subject matter experts to ensure that all staff, and affiliates know, understand, and follow our information management requirements. They are seeking an enthusiastic outcome-focused person who will positively reinforce information management and information technology activities, and who will supplement existing resources.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance.
Success for this role will rely on the individual's ability to be able to work in a highly dynamic environment, good cultural fit, and their ability to challenge and drive thinking in new directions.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Use subject matter expertise to develop policy, procedures and guidelines in relation to all aspects of IMT services.
- Engage with stakeholders in IMT and other Business Units to obtain input and feedback on drafts.
- Review, edit and analyse existing IMT procedures for validation or update.
- Ensure that procedures refer to and adhere to applicable industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements, align with other information associated with Information Management and Technology and follow Governance processes.
- Ensure that procedures are appropriately written so that staff can understand and follow them easily.
- Engage with the Project Policy Officer in the Governance Team to ensure that procedures follow the appropriate organisational style and tone.
- Other deliverables as directed
To be successful for the role, you will need the following:
- Proven experience working for a government agency, university or large corporation to deliver policy related documentation
- In addition, role specific skills required are as follows:
- Highly developed technical policy/procedure writing and editing skills
- The ability to research key legislation, policies and procedures across Government
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Strong consultation and communication skills with excellent written ability.
- The capacity to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Detail- and control-oriented and thorough with execution.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to apply initiative.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please Jade De Silva and quote job # 209135