As part of a recent strategic review, this organisation has committed itself to a significant investment in technologies that will drive efficiencies for all users.
As the Technical Writer you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a new service model across the organisation. The Technical Writer is accountable for documenting processes, knowledge base articles and website content.
- Developing and maintaining an information architecture for key staff and student portals
- Gathering and incorporating iterative usability feedback from focus groups
- Documenting service catalogue knowledge base articles
- Document business processes to assist with the rollout of the new service model.
- Develop a clear understanding of the cross-Faculty and Division operations.
- Interview, research and gather requirements for both process and system change.
- Ensure strategic and operational objectives are supported by correct documentation, processes and intranet content developed and maintained by this role.
Skills & Experience
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with project and staff.
- Extensive experience 5 + years as a technical writer.
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to collect, interpret and evaluate information to successfully write documentation, process maps and other materials.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and assist other team members with their tasks.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint as well as Visio, Jira and WordPress
- A relevant degree with substantial proven experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of relevant education, training and/or experience.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting reference: 187554.
Please click the apply button.