Looking for a Service Modeller / Designer in Canberra for a contractual role.
Contract: Long term
Clearance: Baseline or ability to gain
- Minimum of 3 years' experience demonstrating ability to design and model services;
- Ability to understand, articulate and SOA design patterns and to implement the appropriate patterns;
- Deep understanding of the following:
- Service life-cycle;
- Messaging, message models and canonical models;
- XML Schema and how it relates to web services in particular SOAP style web services;
- REST API Description Languages and REST style services;
- Understanding of Reliable messaging and associated patterns, publish/subscribe etc.
- Ability to derive and document a service specification in collaboration with IT and business teams;
- Ability to translate a service specification into a service design;
- Experience with service design tools;
- Excellent working knowledge of MQ and reliable messaging protocols (e.g. JMS, AMQP). Note: MQ admin not necessary;
- Exposure to a SOA platform such as DataPower or IBM Integration Bus (other equivalent platforms are ok);
- Understanding Service Registries and how to apply them at design time and run-time;
- Practical understanding of Microservices, domain driven design and how these impact service design;
- Good documentation and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of UML and UML tools such as EA Sparx.
Apply now for immediate consideration and job description of this role at email@example.com. You can contact Stiti Rath on 03 8080 7296
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.