Service Desk Technician
The IT Support Technician is critical to supporting the in-house staff, maintaining internal systems and facilities and assisting the Systems Engineers with the production environment when requested. The role will primarily involve supporting internal staff within the office, though support is occasionally provided to both remote staff and external clients via phone and email.
Of critical importance, will be trouble shooting knowledge, experience and skills, as well as clear communication skills to facilitate interactions with staff in other departments. This role requires Windows operating systems experience (Windows 10), Windows Server skills (2008 and 2012), Virtulisation experience in Hyper-V, solid knowledge of MS Office applications and Office 365.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Provide internal support to staff via the ticketing system / helpdesk (JIRA)
- User management of office systems, GMAIL, Office 365, GIT, Stash, Confluence etc.
- Responsible for configuring, monitoring, day-to-day maintenance and support of company systems including Email, Active Directory, Windows servers, virtual server platforms.
- Monitoring of backups
- Provide server based support for applications running on Microsoft Products such as SQL Server 2012, Windows 2008R2/2012R2, IIS 7 / 8
- Check and test Disaster Recovery and High Availability concepts
- Assist in the production of documentation and processes
- Create and maintain laptop SOE
Should you be interested in this role, please click the APPLY button now
For a more detailed discussion on the role, please call Meg Geronimo at 9409 4700.