About the Company
Our client, an industry leader, looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join their high performing team. This is a great opportunity to work with a new Windows, VMs, Cloud, Server technology stack.
About the role
To be successful in this role, you must have held a similar position where you had experience dealing with application and systems administration teams. You support as the mediator between these teams, you understand both application and systems administration and you are a self-starter who would get your job done with minimal day to day guidance and oversight.
It is a fantastic 6 -month contract join our client's IT Operations team. The role is in a full-time capacity based in their state-of-the-art office near Perth CBD. Reporting to Manager, System Application & Middleware, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for but are not limited to:
- Applications remediation running on legacy servers Microsoft Server 2008 to 2019
- Fetch the installation material and licenses
- Understand the application specifications, e.g., source code, parameters, etc
- Install software
- Configure software according to the specification
- Migrate Data
- Coordinate the testing plan and execute
- Coordinate the cutover plan and execute
- Support post cutover
- Build the server infrastructure for migration
- Work with the network team for firewall change request
Skills and experience
- The migration legacy applications running on legacy servers Microsoft Server 2008 to 2019
- The migration of applications running on legacy infrastructure
- Advanced Windows Server administration skills - Server 2008/12/16 and SQL Server
- Experience with delivering infrastructure transformation projects
- Strong virtualisation experience across VMware ESXi 6.x
- Expert in server hardware and managing critical data center infrastructure.
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware - Dell and/or HP blade chassis, servers and storage
- Executing physical to Virtual migrations using third party tools
- Experience scripting/automating routine tasks and deployments - PowerShell, Ansible,
- Experience working in large, complex environment
- Experience working on Azure and Docker
Contact- Lisa Williams - 9423 1400 - Job reference: 205647
If you are interested in the role - please apply now via the link below. Suitable candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.
Please note: we are only able to consider candidates located in Western Australia at this point.