Our Federal Government Client is seeking a SENIOR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT to be involved in a multi-year initiative to harmonise the process and transitioning business systems to Cloud to improve efficiency for internal workforce and ultimately improve customers experience.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2022 with 24 months extension option, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Facilitate architecture decisions, working with multiple disciplines from business, enterprise architecture and technical staff.
- Architect Cloud and on-prem solutions and document the solution design sufficiently to support communication with required stakeholders.
- Communicate solution architecture to team members including business analysts and developers to enable solution delivery.
- Contribute towards technology governance decisions for the internal program systems.
- Provide expert Architecture advice to executives, management, and technical stakeholders.
- Provide expertise, leadership, guidance and support to solution architects, designers and project teams in the development, communication and full lifecycle management of enterprise aligned solution architectures.
- Participate in the estimation and prioritisation decisions to support project planning.
- Oversee solution architecture and design, recommend technology options and assist with tool selection.
- Facilitate communication across the program in respect of architecture, technical design decisions and design options.
- Participate in project review meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- Key communication point for technical issues, risks, changes and technical advice as required;
- Verification and validation of solution implementation in accordance with solution designs.
- Contribute to adopting DevOps, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, automation and cloud-native tools.
- Ensure technical team conformance to relevant quality standards and the system development and project methodologies.
- Balances performance and scalability requirements with other quality-of-service (QoS) attributes such as interoperability, security and maintainability of the solution
- Delivers the detailed Architecture, artefacts and outputs for a program, project or solution and ensure its implementation through to production deployment
- Maintains an understanding of their/worker responsibilities under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and a commitment to promoting a healthy and safe workplace.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience working as a solution architect, producing quality outcomes in complex business and technical environments with demonstrated quality outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution using cloud services (including infrastructure) across AWS and Microsoft 365 stack including but not limited to EC2, VPCs, RDS, SNS, Kubernetes, API Gateway/Management and Lambda.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate architecture decisions efficiently, working with business, enterprise architecture and technical staff.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise workload
- Demonstrated experience in producing solutions covering, information, integration, infrastructure and security architecture
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ICT Enterprise Architectures
It is desirable if you have:
- Understanding core technologies used in their agency, including AWS and Azure technologies, Java Enterprise Edition, PostgreSQL, SAP and Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online, and the supporting infrastructure including RHEL, NAS and network services.
- Understanding of Machine Learning/AI concepts
- Experience in modelling solution using UML and ArchiMate in tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #212998
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.