Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Senior Developer for a contract role in Canberra. This is an initial engagement until June 2019, with 2 x 12-month extension options.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government Security Clearances to apply.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining and unit testing system components;
- Identifying user needs and organisational outcomes, demonstrating how design decisions support these needs by developing successful, user focused services;
- Ensuring that the design balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements, including meeting web and accessibility standards.
- Working with departmental methodologies (e.g. project, service, release and change management) to maintain, support and review/upgrade existing capabilities;
- Performing quality assurance checks of design, code and technical dependencies across multiple development components and streams;
- Contextualising, conveying and exchanging information to create a shared understanding, presenting complex information in plain English;
- Building and managing relationships with internal and external clients, stakeholders and service providers;
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience with
- React, Angular or Vue.js;
- Node.js (Express or Restify);
- Experience working in a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment;
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP-based and RESTful);
- DBMS experience (Oracle, MySQL etc);
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SQL;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain knowledge of other open source and COTS products/technologies;
- Demonstrated analysis, design and development skills;
- Ability to work as a member of an Agile development team and with business areas;
- Proven experience with prioritising, scheduling, monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge of the accessibility, usability standards like WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA and Semantic HTML;
- Experience with source code management software such as BitBucket, Git, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
To progress with this opportunity, or to find out more about the role, please reach out to Marina on 02 6245 1724 Job Reference: 189108.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position.