A large IT company is in need of a Senior Cloud Engineer to build and operate turnkey platforms on multiple cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP)
The Successful candidate will significantly contribute to the build and operate of turnkey platforms on multiple cloud which will enable the client to deliver key products faster to market (i.e. Cloud Foundry). Your expertise is sought out by application developers to increase speed of development and deployment by abstracting the underlying infrastructure complexity.
As a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer you apply your deep platform expertise and experience across multiple cloud platforms and infrastructure, including AWS, GCS, Azure to deliver against the following responsibilities:
- Build and operate highly available platforms across multi-cloud by integrating with IaaS, CaaS, PaaS and other SaaS providers.
- Create and deploy optimised automated and abstracted infrastructure for applications from concept and test into production and deliver operational support of the system environment that enables application developers to focus on their development work. Create automation that enables portability of applications hosted on multi-cloud.
- Optimise public cloud spend by validating system architecture/design and identifying cost saving opportunities for solutions while meeting performance and operational requirements. Also, right size underlying cloud infrastructure to help reduce the cloud spend.
- Evaluate and implement automated optimisation opportunities for reducing repetitive manual steps, improving cloud security, self-healing of platform issues and anomalies using data and analytics available from internal and service provider systems
- Build Continuous integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems that install, configure, deploy and monitor cloud platforms solutions, ensuring effective integration and automation by leveraging and enhancing open source libraries and frameworks appropriately. Identify and blueprint common deployment patterns to enable faster time to market.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Cloud service providers, technology partners and stakeholders to understand customer needs, influence the approach, accelerate change, drive speed and agility to achieve outcomes that deliver a great customer experience
Skills and experience
- Must have automation experience
- Extensive cloud experience (AWS - or can be Azure or GCP)
- Strong scripting experience (Python, powershell, etc)
- Must have worked within an agile environment
- PaaS - Cloud Foundry (Ideal)
- Cloud Security
- DevOps capabilities
- Caas, FaaS, IaaS
- With Platform architecture and roadmap
- Extensive systems engineering experience
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas. Unfortunately, candidates who don't have full rights in Australia will not be shortlisted.
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and believe you are the right candidate for the role then APPLY NOW on the link below!!
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact ANNA quoting reference 239623