Our Client is a Large Financial Services Organisation requiring a Senior Cloud Engineer to support AWS cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows and Linux system administration.
- Support AWS cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows and Linux system administration
- Use cloud native tools (i.e. AWS Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail) to review metrics, manage and monitor system/service health and utilise cloud services
- Utilise tooling to improve efficiencies and repeatable tasks and improve the day to day reliability and performance of cloud managed services
- Use infrastructure-as-code as well as git repositories for code management and development.
- Use cloud related automation concepts and tooling such as Cloud Formation, TFE, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Jira
- Manage and develop in-life security patching, manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Fine tune virtualization, storage configuration, and replication for specific workloads
- Engage, manage and coordinate between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
- Provide out of hours support for cloud services on a roster
Skills and experience:
- Core AWS services such as EC2, RDS, EBS, S3, VPC's, ELB, auto-scaling
- Experience with Desired State Configuration (DSC), CI/CD Pipelines, Git code management, developing infrastructure-as-code (IAC), Hashicorp Configuration Language (HCL)
- Experience with Terraform deployments, AWS Cloud Watch & Cloud Trail, AWS Backup and LAMBDA.
- Confident with Virtual Machines/containers such as automated image creation and deployment, load balancers, scale sets, security groups, virtual networks and building to High Availability resilient designs across availability zones, regions or clouds.
- Strong mentor and coach for your peers and embrace new ideas and approaches
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jan Hundleby on 02 8267 2469 quoting reference 237213.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.