Design, implement, manage and support high performance, scalable J2EE applications on Linux platforms.
Participate in and contribute to Scrum ceremonies, events and artefacts to help our client continue to build a great development culture and agile program.
Commit to sustainable development through domain driven design, test driven development, pairing, maintainable code, code reviews, adhering to team conventions and strategies, improving our automated testing suite, keeping security, accessibility and open standards in mind, and refining our technical implementation as you go along.
Contribute to the full Software Lifecycle from requirements elicitation to post production support. This means each team member has a tight, on-going relationship with product owners, network and database administrators, testers and analysts to maximise delivery of high-quality, high-satisfaction products.
Build effective working relationships with product owners across the business and technical domains to provide information, collaborate and promote the benefits of our client's online services.
Skills and capabilities:
- Transformational Leadership
- Supports, promotes and champions change and assists others to engage positively
- Develops and implements a consultative approach to support the transition of individuals and teams from a current state to a desired future state.
- Creates an environment which fosters change readiness and a proactive approach to anticipate and respond to the changing environment
- Fosters a service culture
- Keeps people at the centre of thinking, decisions and actions, including internal systems and processes
- Demonstrates empathy, curiosity and listens deeply to understand a person's context, challenges and needs
- Keep one's word and follow through on promises or commitments made
- Communicates simply and clearly
- Communicates clearly in plain English, without using jargon
- Demonstrates an ability to convey a message succinctly and with empathy, regardless of medium (written, verbal, digital).
- Understands the target audience, and tailors' message in a way that appeals to them
- Applies digital dexterity
- Demonstrates commitment to explore, learn and adopt new technologies and ways of working, to achieve better business outcomes.
- Displays a growth mindset
- Working with ambiguity
- Demonstrates proactivity, emotional intelligence and self-direction in the face of uncertainty, change or new situations.
- Chooses a course of action or decision without having the total picture.
- Well versed in:
- ECMAScript 6
- JBoss & Red Hat Enterprise Linux
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong experience in architecting, implementing and managing high performance scalable J2EE applications on Linux platforms
- Proficient in:
- Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services - SOAP / REST
- Build tools like Maven
- An IDE like Intellij
- Automated testing
- Unit testing tools like JUnit or Test NG, and unit testing strategies
- Source control tools such as GitHub
- SQL database tools like SQL Developer, Oracle database, Toad.
- EJB, Spring MVC, JMS, Active MQ
- UI testing tools such as Selenium
- Story, bug tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA and Confluence
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola on 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 239906