Our client has a large presence within the Public Sector, they are currently seeking Software Asset Management (SAM) Analyst to join their team for an initial 6-month contract.
The primary focus of this role is to utilise a strong foundation for SAM using the SNOW Software tool and will be involved in the management of software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing. Work with vendors, stakeholders and procurement to assist the SAM lead with negotiation and consolidation opportunities.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Input the categorisation and upload of software entitlements, SNOW agent consumption reporting and opportunity assessment
- Provide input for the SAM lead to work with stakeholder groups for contract renewal savings
- Assist with the development, maintenance and administration of the SAM and SNOW tool
- Document policies and procedures for hardware asset management
- Input to SACM responsibilities in the areas related to Asset & Billing This is essentially ensuring
- Assist in the management of Customer Software and Licencing requests via internal Service Management tool (Service Now)
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Sound technical skills in SAM and SNOW Software Tool
- Experience using Service Management tool / technologies
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Experience and/or knowledge in software asset management platforms and processes
- Experience and/or knowledge in software licensing
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Haniksha Naresh Kumar at (03) 8080 7225 and quote job #248820