Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Ministerial & Parliamentary Brief Author for a contract role in Canberra's CBD. This is an initial 6-month engagement with a 12-month extension option and is being assessed at an APS6/EL1 level.
This opportunity will suit a person with strong analytical capabilities, coupled with solid attention to detail and a robust desire to achieve high quality outcomes within a fast paced and evolving environment.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, responsive to client and organisational needs, flexible and possess the demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of government.
Within this role you will be responsible for working with individual divisions to enhance agency capability when it comes to preparing and responding to ministerial and parliamentary requests as well as:
- Working directly with the Ministerial and Parliamentary Section on styles, preferences and ministerial expectations to develop training and reference material to support the end user.
- Reviewing standard words on key topics to ensure content is fit for purpose to support ministerial correspondence or other parliamentary requests.
- Preparing Quick Reference guides on parliamentary processes to support the end user.
- Providing individual and group feedback to staff on quality of documents.
- Developing a suite of training and reference material to guide and enhance agency capability in preparing written material for ministers.
- Delivering educational training to staff on how to prepare ministerial correspondence, briefs and submissions; tone, language and structure.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A strong Commonwealth background in the preparation of material for ministers.
- Comprehensive proofing and editing skills, with the ability to interpret content and assess if content is fit for purpose.
- Strong stakeholder engagement capabilities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the preparation of training material and delivering learning and development sessions as required
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
If you would like to hear more about this contract opportunity, please reach out to Preejith Pachat on 02 6245 1727 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number: 188796.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.