Peoplebank are recruiting for a Mainframe Developer to be based in Adelaide on a long term 3-year contract. In this role, you will be developing within an M204 mainframe environment, but we are happy to accept candidates who have any mainframe technology background (Cobol etc.).
Please note, due to work involved, we can only consider candidates who are Australian Citizens.
You will be responsible for:
- Undertake analysis, design, development, prototyping, testing and maintenance activities
- Provide support to development teams to create ICT solutions
- perform analysis of technical requirements to support project evaluation with proposed solutions
- Define software and technical designs for the realisation of high complexity custom solutions or conversion and migration solutions
- Ensure excellent quality and maintain high standards in software development
- Provide go-live support and maintenance for developments
- Propose and facilitate innovative solutions to meet enterprise and user requirements
- Ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- Provide comprehensive technical support to senior management
- Potentially manage a small team and help develop staff capability through coaching, training, and succession planning
- Develop documentation for review by senior staff including technical documentations and progress reports
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ICT policies and processes and transfer knowledge to other team members
Skills and Experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience developing and delivering large scale complex IT solutions
- Experience with Mainframe environments such as TSO and ISPF, including JCL and batch processing.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver high quality solutions for complex business requirements on time.
- Strong understanding of coding best practices, including Object Oriented (OO) Programming, Design Patterns and Data structures.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills of a high level.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and engage with stakeholders successfully.
- Demonstrated understanding of management, systems development methodologies, testing methodologies and ITIL
- Experience designing, building, testing and consuming software services and cross platform integration.
- Understanding and experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Please APPLY NOW and we will contact you ASAP to discuss your application.
Or you can call Jodeane Cabral on 08 7078 8892
SA: LHS 296564