Our Federal Government client is seeking a Lead Data Manager/Engineer.
This is for a long-term contract of 12 months with 12 months extension options. This is located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Understand complex information systems and design effective data solutions and models to store and retrieve departmental data in adherence to enterprise standards.
- Drive Stakeholder workshops in order to identify client requirements and conceptualise and
- communicate these requirements via visual aids such as Data models.
- Lead and champion designs including Data Integration Designs, Data Structures, Data Flows,
- Solution Architectures, Design Standards, Data Strategies to both business executive as well as to technical staff.
- Configure data stores and data flows across our enterprise platforms (including MS Synapse, IBM Domino, Oracle database and Teradata EDW environment)
- Recommend solutions and patterns for improving processes in existing or new systems/capabilities.
- Support the iterative design and definition of common entities in the Enterprise Data Model
- Work collaboratively in Scaled Agile Framework team to deliver contemporary data solutions, prototypes in a hybrid hyperscale cloud environment
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of developers and data engineers in building effective data products.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting large data integration patterns and
- complex data migrations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing data transfer patterns including event, streaming and batch processes.
- Demonstrated experience in both ETL and ELT tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with emerging agile Data management approaches including DataOps and MLOps.
- Demonstrated release management experience in coordinating concurrent releases as part of a hybrid Scaled Agile / Waterfall delivery process within a large organisation.
- A strong ability to adapt to, and work across various delivery methodologies (ITIL, Agile, SAFe etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A continuous improvement mindset
- A proven ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven interpersonal (soft) and communication skills.
- Experience using Azure DevOps, SharePoint and TRIM highly valued.
- Qualifications on Microsoft Synapse Platform or related Microsoft Products or equivalent experience and ability to gain this qualification
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who have existing Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: # 247357
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.