Our Federal Government Client is seeking multiple experienced and dynamic Infrastructure Engineers for a contract role working in Canberra's CBD. This is contract starting ASAP and going through to June 2019 and requires a minimum NV1 clearance to apply.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Serve as Network Site Support Administrator
- Assist the Network Team with determining associated IT needs.
- Review and Generate network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and improvement of the Departments corporate Cisco network
- Coordinate and manage the Departments network equipment installation, configuration and administration
- Generate network (LAN/WAN and Datacentre) system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load and cooling specification for racked hardware installations.
- Troubleshoot supporting network equipment
- Support the Departments network expansion and migration.
- Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and provide technical support to aid in strategic direction of the network team.
- Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of the Departments workstations and network equipment
- Work with the Departments customers and internal ICT personnel to manage related IT projects and provide customer service and technical support
- Coordinate with the Departments ICT areas on functions for all locations to include technician training, customer training programs, inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management
- Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated extensive experience in design, implementation and management of enterprise ICT/networking infrastructure projects, programs and solutions including enterprise scale voice communication systems and services, storage area networks and network security systems.
- Demonstrated extensive experience of Cisco network technology platforms and their specifications; and, working with multiple operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining data and voice communications infrastructure including copper cabling, fibre optic cabling, wireless network links, Fibre DWDM's and carrier services.
- Demonstrated high level experience of network technology platforms and their specifications; and, working with multiple operating systems (both server and workstation), including Microsoft, Red Hat and TCP/IP network topologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco networking devices (Nexus/6500 series/ASA Firewall/ACE Loadbalancer) within a complex, heterogeneous distributed networked environment.
- Demonstrated high level of conceptual, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- CCNA/CCNP, Cisco Routing and Switching, Cisco ASA
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 185110.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold an NV1 Federal Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.