Assist driving the success of the Data Centre relocation project, the position is best suited to a Sydney based candidate who is NV2 with good experience in DC Infrastructure and Defence processes. (NV1 will be looked at also)
The Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer will focus on the Data Centre relocation project, supporting the end-to-end development, delivery, technical design, environmental management integration requirements and lifecycle management for the Data Centre solution.
The following are the key responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery and management of Data Centre technical drawings;
- Be a Data Centre representative, providing Quality Assurance and advice on structured cabling for acceptance into operation;
- Prepare Asset transfer plans on hosted infrastructure and assist with the DC shutdown/power up procedure to feed into testing/migration plans;
- Improve Data Centre records metadata accuracy for Data Centre equipment
- Assist Senior Infrastructure Engineers with Environmental Management System integration of a single Data Centre facility;
The follow are the key skills and experience required for the role:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience), preferable Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years practical experience in hands-on IT &/or Engineering roles
- Solid track record of technical achievement working with Infrastructure and Virtualisation technology
- Experience and high level operational knowledge of contemporary IT infrastructure and operating systems, including Lenovo/IBM server hardware; Netapp Storage systems; Juniper fabric solutions; Asset Management solutions; and Infrastructure Cabling design.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and build working relationships with multiple stakeholders
If you have the skills and experience mentioned above and believe you are the right candidate for the role the APPLY NOW on the link below!!