Our client is looking for an Information Architect (IA) to design and improve the user experience of a government website. In this role, you will need to research and develop IA design, analyse existing feedback from users, and provide solutions to improve our current IA, in line with best practice UX principles.
You will need to demonstrate success as an information architect, with strong design and user experience skills. You will need proven skills and experience in creating user focused information flows. You will understand the final product from a user perspective and be able to provide a flexible and scalable IA, suited to both user and agency needs.
You will ensure the IA is intuitive, structures content in a logical manner, is findable, simple to navigate and relevant to the user. Search engines will need to like it also, relying on content snippets to display relevant content to users.
- Review existing user research already completed for our client
- Assess and evaluate current site architecture - what's working, what isn't, what are the pain points for users
- Identify the different user groups and their needs from the website
- Identify areas for improvement of IA - including usability, user needs, visual design elements, content and branding
- Design and structure a revised IA that is effective for both existing long-term users and new users
- Conduct further user research as required
- Decide how information is grouped, presented, and structured using organisation and categorisation components of IA
- Design how information should be presented in a clear labelling system using taxonomy. Create a list of agreed terms and words that can be used to categorise content across our digital ecosystem
- Design, build and test a structure for how users will navigate and find information, or search the content of the website
- Map content to new IA - clearly showing the connections between labels, user journey and content
- Demonstrate awareness of current trends and new technologies in IA and design.
- Design logic for how the current card system works and how it relates to the navigation of the site
- Deliver a suitable IA structure that will work for our current needs and be scalable for future growth
- Work closely with our agile design team to design the most effective IA and present solutions to the senior stakeholders and the wider organisation.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Approach and methodology
Demonstrated experience in Information architecture accessibility and UX design, including conducting user research activities, and formulating actionable recommendations for progressing strategic outcomes.
- Capability to deliver
Capability of proposed vendor considering value for money and a proven track record of delivering projects of a similar nature and scale on time and to budget. Experience in delivering projects within a government context would be advantageous.
Demonstrated experience in agile and lean project delivery especially within the context of IA expertise, user research and design recommendations.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 212956