About the Company
The client provides a broad portfolio of business & technology solutions to create new possibilities for technology that have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments & society.
A software Professional Services are the team who provide consultancy & expertise needed to realise business value from Micro Focus Software. We consult on IT strategy, from process design & solution architecture through software implementation & education to help drive solution adoption.
About the role
We are looking for hands on Technology Consultants to join the Micro Focus team in partnering with key clients. You will play an integral part in the solution implementation & success of these exciting & rewarding programs of work.
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager.
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions.
- Provides input to the company strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
- Responds to requests for technical information from customers.
- Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
Skills and experience
- Experience working on ITIL/ITSM solutions in a technical consulting role, ideally with Micro Focus toolset
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing role drawing out requirements, creating designs & delivering projects at a senior level
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal communication skills, requirements analysis & design skills, including documentation & communication skills
- Experience across ITIL service support processes within an organisation (Incident, Problem, Change) is essential
- Solid technical requirements analysis & ability to translate into application workflow logic or configurations
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery including providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and decision making process
- Strong knowledge & experience of other commercially available ITSM software application, such as BMC Remedy, CA Service Desk, Infra, FrontRange Solutions ITSM or Service Now including technical activities such as:
o Requirements gathering and solution design
o Software installation
o Configuration & customisation to design/requirements
o Problem identification and resolution
- ITIL v2/3 Foundations certification, ITIL v2/3 Managers/Expert certification would be advantageous
FYI: NV1 Clearance is required
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Abegail Baniqued on 02 9054 0955 quoting reference 207118.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.