Our high-profile Federal Government Client is seeking the expertise of an IT Project Manager for a long-term contract role in Canberra. This is an initial 12-month engagement, with 3 x 12-month extension options and is working from our Client's Barton offices.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold a Federal Government Security Clearance to apply. Those holding NV1 clearance are preferred.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the delivery of large, complex projects that include technology implementation and significant business change components;
- Formulating project plans with relevant stakeholders, to provide oversight and direction of planning through all project stages, from inception to completion
- Liaising with members of the wider program team, including architects, engineers and developers to ensure cross-project dependencies are clearly mapped and managed
- Proactively assess and analyse any risks and issues that may impact project team delivery and develop plans to address or otherwise mitigate them
- Participate in business and technical change management forums and provide regular reporting to relevant governance forums
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated Project delivery experience within complex, medium to large infrastructure, system integration and/or business change projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing medium to large project teams with multi-skilled resources
- Strong understanding of ICT concepts and system development lifecycle management methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability in developing and publishing project documentation, including, but not limited to, Project Briefs and Project Management Plans
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 193884
Please note only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.