Our client is a well-known Australian enterprise who is currently seeking a GCP Data Engineering Lead on an initial 6-month contract. This individual will lead the engineering thinking and design for GCP.
You will lead the GCP engineering practice and provide technical direction on patterns and best practices for other GCP engineering members to follow. You set and maintain a high level of documentation and development standards, ensuring the tooling within the platform is elegantly designed, easy to follow and fun to work upon. You will be the central point of contact for reviewing all GCP technical designs and solutions. You will have responsibility for the execution of the platform roadmap set out by the platform manager in conjunction with the guidance from the domain architect manager
- Technical leadership in delivering and supporting our GCP platform and data products. Working closely with platform manager to drive high quality data assets, implement automated pipelines and uplifting cloud engineering and analytics capabilities.
- Hands-on and implements, configures and supports solutions in the GCP Data Warehouse during the required support hours of the business including afterhours support (when required), ensuring availability, performance, capacity and reliability are in line with the agreed SLA.
- Encourage the best modern engineering practices, produce code, architecture reviews including design and solution oversight within GCP analytics platform.
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in engineering tooling and processes, continuous improvement on data engineering technique and technical capabilities uplift of other data engineers.
- Extensive experience (min 10 years) in Data Warehousing, reporting and analytical services, especially within large, complex and diverse organization
- Extensive experience in cloud technologies
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience (min 2 years)
- OOP skills
- BigQuery/ Cloud Data Warehouse skills
- Specialised in data pipeline services such as BigQuery, CloudComposer, Dataflow, PubSub and at least one of the other database technologies like Spanner/CloudSQL/Postgres etc.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now!
For more information please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #206460