This is a Canberra Based Role
The Field Support Engineer or FSR, is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Command and Control (C2) software. You will leverage your military knowledge and operational experience to bridge the gap between the C2 software and its end users.
- Work directly with military units to understand operational objectives, scenarios, mission requirements and challenges to maximise the software capabilities
- Provide SME advice and on-the-job training for Exercises and Operations
- Use your military experience and knowledge to develop Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) and Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTP), and mentor warfighters in the practical application and system employment of the software suite
- Take a consultative approach in providing military exercise support, often onsite, in both conceptual and functional areas
- Support the installation and configuration of the software in the customer's environment
- Collaborate with other SMEs to understand and overcome product capability gaps and develop documentation and materials for demonstration purposes
- Provide software demonstration and capability support to Business Development and Training staff as needed, including being prepared to conduct training courses
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and business partners alike
Required Skills & Experience
- Operational experience in the ADF
- Conducting and leading Operations Research Analysis at the campaign, mission, or engagement level, supporting Defence customers and military operations
- Familiarity with operational and tactical doctrine, concept of operations, SOPs and TTPs
- Experience working in a Tactical Operations Centre and thorough understanding of the warfighting functions
- Highly efficient communication skills both verbal and written as well as possess excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of military systems and integration with Joint Forces, including other Battle Management Systems (BMS)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Previous experience as a Military Instructor is preferred
- Applicants with a current NV1 or NV2 clearance are preferred (Must be Australian Citizen as a minimum to apply)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting reference 212297.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.