Developer / Senior Developer
Peoplebank and Aurion have partnered together for this exclusive vacancy. Aurion is looking for a new team members who are passionate about leveraging technology to deliver tangible business outcomes for clients to join Australia's best payroll solutions delivery team. It's a broad and varied role with opportunities to explore new disciplines, methodologies, technologies and ideas.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Aurion is a thriving, tech-driven business where people come first. Trusted with Australia's payroll for 30 years, we help hundreds of Australian businesses find simple, effective solutions for their complex People & Payroll challenges and fulfil our mission to make life work better.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
As an integral member of our Software Operations team, you will develop elegant solutions as part of a major development project that will deliver a SaaS Cloud Native People & Payroll solution. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a multi-skilled team to deliver software solutions to the business.
- Deliver high quality working code (web and server side) using modern design patterns, techniques and processes in an Agile Development environment.
- Work on all aspects of the software delivery process, from requirements through design and delivery to implementation and support.
- Work closely-integrated with the development teams to deliver all stages for the solution, from initial prototype through to production releases.
- Mentor and teach other developers within the team, through code reviews, pair programming or more formal formats.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who thrives in being challenged and is able to learn and adapt. You must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work collaboratively as well as independently, along with the following skills:
- You will have a great attitude and thrive working in a high paced environment and enjoy learning new technologies and keeping your skills up to date.
- Web technologies and frameworks such as React (preferred), Vue or Angular.
- Strong server side business transaction experience.
- Web Services, including RESTful APIs.
- Strong DevOps experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS preferred).
- Experience in building large, custom-built micro-services based applications.
- Experience with Agile Development practices, specifically Scrum or Kanban.
- Practical experience with unit testing frameworks and automated testing tools.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
Diversity is strongly supported at Aurion from our Leadership Team down, who reflect the company's variety and values and promotes our 'One Team Aurion' culture. Women and people from an Aboriginal or Torres Straight Island background are encouraged to apply.
If this job interests you but you aren't certain if you meet all the requirements, please apply anyway - we value different perspectives and experience.
Why work with Aurion
Our people are integral to our success. As part of the Aurion team you can also look forward to receiving strong support to progress in your role and enjoy a friendly, respectful, collaborative culture. At Aurion fantastic work is done by fantastic people, and you have the opportunity to work with true industry experts.
Work-life balance is a reality at Aurion: our team members can generally choose when, where and how they will be most productive. You'll love our Brisbane head office in Toowong, a city fringe location by the Brisbane River next to a public transport hub, with excellent onsite end of journey facilities and local amenities like shops, gyms and medical services.
For more information, please submit a detailed resume by using the below prompts. Or for a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 3003 7643.