- Melbourne CBD
- Australia's Telecom Giant
- 6 months role
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to work within a Fast paced environment, with leading edge technology and innovation for one of the Australia's biggest telecom giant. Your purpose will be to bring the DevOps mindset, culture and technical practices to the Organisation.
About the role:
- Work in an Agile Framework to design & develop capabilities to uplift platform maturity across DevOps pillars like Deployment/Pipeline Management, Monitoring, Log Management, Security & Compliance, Cloud Infrastructure Management and Cost-Optimisation.
- Partner with Operations teams working on production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation
Skills & Experience:
- Hands-on expertise with 'Infrastructure as Code' tools like CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Hands-on expertise with source control (git), CI/CD tools and pipelines, automation using Jenkins
- A desire to automate everything - never do the same thing twice. And comfortable scripting in Bash, Python
- Sound understanding and ability to work with Docker containers and container orchestration platforms.
- Experience in managing services that scales on public cloud - preferably AWS.
- Excellent grip on networking, security & cost-optimization practices in the cloud.
- Excellent grip on deployment troubleshooting including network connectivity debugging on AWS resources.
- Tertiary qualification in IT/Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional certifications (Cloud Platform certifications) - Preferably AWS
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian Permanent resident or Australian / New Zealand citizen.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Lavanya Swamy on 03 8080 7213 quoting reference number #196136.