Our client has a Government Department and they are currently seeking a Data Engineer that specialises in Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, within the Analytics Unit, Information Technology Directorate, to start immediately for an initial working period of 12 months with the possibility of extension.
The Data Engineer plays a critical role in the successful development and delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) for this Government Department. Taking responsibility for design, development, oversight and direction setting for the data warehouse and business intelligence platforms. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly detail-oriented team-player with a positive drive to strategize and implement BI solutions that enable the business to derive valuable insights. You will join a tight knit group of key contributors who are actively working together to achieve aggressive goals and meet timelines to drive the business forward.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Understand the Business Context and Requirements
- Understand the required tasks and steps for this project (e.g. Source to EDW to Cube to report)
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve business objectives
- Complete design, data models, loading approaches and source to target mapping documents
- Develop ETL/ELT for Azure Synapse Analytics (using SSIS, PolyBase, Stream Analytics and PowerShell)
- Create and manage entities, business rules and strategies in master data management
- Develop, manage and deploy SQL, MDX/DAX, PowerShell, C# and Python source code using Azure DevOps
- Develop Cubes and Reports in Microsoft BI tools including Power BI and Azure Analysis Services
- Develop and conduct unit testing
- Conduct initial Root Cause Analysis and defect triage
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Demonstrated experience working in technical Analytics or Business Intelligence environments
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft SQL databases and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Comprehensive SQL, PowerBI and DAX knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of Python or C#
- Experience in working with large, complex Data Warehouses using the Microsoft BI Stack within an Azure or cloud based environment
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #210195