You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you're comfortable looking after several projects at once. You're able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job
As a Data Engineering Senior Consultant, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You play a critical part of the data supply chain by making sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
Translate data requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen
* Lead and/or support planning, design and delivery of our clients' data warehouse and big data platforms
* Ensure data is delivered and integrated in ways that meet client requirements and drive value, using traditional data warehousing and big data technologies
* Lead the designing and running of batch/streaming/real-time data services for individual projects
* Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse and big data architectures using Microsoft and Azure cloud data technologies
* Stay up to date with business best practice in designing and building modern data pipelines and data streams
* Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
* Implement effective metrics, data quality and monitoring processes
* Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Tableau, Azure ML, SSRS, SSAS, Excel, Azure API apps or any other modern visualization and analytics platforms
* Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
* Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
* Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
* Travel as required.
You're got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You're a problem solver who's happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
* Practical architecture, design and implementation experience in data warehousing, Hadoop/Big Data, database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems
* Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business
* Conducting data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
* Knowledge and exposure to the various Azure Cloud Data Services & Microsoft SSIS
* Programming in Hadoop, particularly in tools and technologies such as Hive, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Pig, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Scala, Python, Apache Storm, Cloudera/Hortonworks, JSON
* Preparing data for use in Data Science and Machine Learning
* Working with SQL
* Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
* Great project and people management
* Team collaboration and experience working with remote teams
You're likely to have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have five to seven years of relevant professional experience.
Please apply now or for a confidential conversation call Elton Kelly on 03 8080 7204