Our client, an Australian government authority, is looking for a Data Analyst with baseline security clearance to join their team for a potential 6-month contract with possibility of extension. This opportunity is located in Melbourne's CBD but can be considered for Sydney or Canberra.
The Role: Sitting within the Research, Data and Regulation branch, the data analyst will support the delivery of the authority's data strategy, data governance framework and data and analytics projects. Working on high-priority projects, the data analyst will be responsible for but is not limited to the following:
- Support data management, analysis and reporting
- Extraction, manipulation, cleaning, testing, reporting and visualisation of data, and manage data assets in compliance with relevant legislation, policies, standards and best practices
- Collaborate with IT and other stakeholders to understand requirements and provide relevant insights
- Continue improvement and enhancement of data analytics services and reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Australian Citizenship and valid baseline security clearance
- Relevant experience in data science or data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and data analysis/transformation tools/languages such as Python, R or others
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Ability to analyse information, identify gaps and problemsolve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to contribute and work collaboratively and provide guidance to team members
If you are interested and ready for your next challenge apply now with your latest CV in Word format. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.