This enterprise-sized, rapidly growing organisation in Newcastle is undergoing a huge digital transformation and is in the process of building up their IT team and practice. With this transformation being driven from the top, there's nothing to slow or stop an exciting change within a well-established organisation.
The Data Analyst is accountable for providing accurate and timely qualitative and quantitative analysis and provide insights from relevant data. The key focus of this role is to evaluate data and offer interpretations to continually improve the experience of the customer journeys and product design.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Acquire, validate, store, protect and process required data to ensure the accessibility and validity of data for its users.
- Administer and manage data platforms to ensure data collected and analysed is accurate and reliable.
- Analyse business information to provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations.
- Identify, validate and exploit internal and external data sets generated from a diverse range of processes.
- Utilise new and historical data to forecast future activity, behaviour and trends.
- Create statistical graphics, plots and information graphics to visually communicate quantitative messages to make data more accessible, understandable and usable.
- Assure information and manage risks related to the use, processing, storage and transmission of information or data and the systems / processes used for those purposes.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computing, Mathematical or Analytical discipline or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding, manipulating and cleaning complex datasets.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills and comfortable presenting findings to all levels.
- Sound knowledge and/or practical experience in working with data capture, extraction, analysis and preparation of reports to assist in business planning, forecasting and process improvements.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with challenges creatively to achieve business focused solutions.
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills and capacity to prioritise competing demands.
- Sound collaboration and negotiation skills with the capability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders through outstanding customer service.
This is a rare permanent opportunity to be part of a large and ongoing transformation with an organisation that is very visible and touches many aspects of everyday life. For your efforts you'll enjoy a great work life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are ready for a change and tired of the Sydney commute this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.