Our federal government client is seeking the services of a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Security Engineer to support their Cyber Security Branch. Functions include building technical capability and deploying security monitoring and enforcing technologies.
Key position responsibilities:
- Building security capability and deploying commercial security technology to support the department in identifying and mitigating vulnerabilities, detecting anomalous activity and remediating security deficiencies.
- Ensuring security technologies provide value and insight to Cyber Defence team.
- Providing technical cyber security technology advice and assistance to operational areas.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience in building and deploying a cyber-security capability such as IDS/IPS, PKI, AV, SIEM, MFA or Proxy.
- Applied experience in enabling cyber security teams to detect, deter and mitigate cyber security threats.
- The ability to work well and share knowledge within a team.
- Well-developed writing skills and experience maintaining technical documentation.
- Technical tertiary qualifications, Microsoft, Cyber Security product or RHEL qualifications are highly desirable.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess a NV1 or NV2 Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 2491 quoting Job Reference: 203644
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.