About the role
A global telecommunication giant is looking for a Domain Architect with recent and previous telecommunication experience to join their organisation to deliver large projects with high profile companies. This role is based in Melbourne's CBD and you will be expected to travel to clients sites when required.
You will be responsible for leading the technical definition, development, delivery, and evolution of complex, and often new customer solutions, from pre-sales through the delivery and ongoing operation.
The role will involve the following;
- Technical Leadership & Direction for Pre-contract Solution Development & Pricing
- Direct internal teams to develop the solution across Business Groups and 3rd parties.
- Consult and interact with key customer contacts and decision makers on customer objectives, gather business and technical requirements, establish credibility for the organisations solution, and demonstrate technical leadership to the customer.
- Provide technical direction to all members of the technical project team.
- Lead troubleshooting and debugging of technical issues, oversee testing activity, and engage as required all technical resources (people & tools) available to the program to resolve issues.
- Delivery Planning - Provide input to the Project manager developing the project plan, including phase definition, entrance and exit criteria, major activities, identification of task interdependencies, and technical project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Architecture and Design - During delivery, document the solution requirements, develop the high-level design and lead overall design activity.
About the successful candidate
You will be expected to have thorough experience across:
- Multi-radio i.e., 3G, LTE, WiFi, Small Cells, IoT and other radio technologies i.e., virtualization, cloud, bare metal implementations
- As well as Multi-domain i.e., Radio, Backhaul, Core, SDM, OSS, BSS and Customer Care, experience.
As well as:
- Years of demonstrated experience in network consultancy, architecture, design, implementation and management.
- Strong relationship management skills to build cross organizational support for appropriate engagement and support of new services/solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of IP and IMS and at least 2 of the following areas: 3G/LTE Wireless Architecture, Cloud/Virtualization, Small Cells, Mobile Backhaul, Applications, IP Transformation.
- Demonstrated track record of successful sales support and/or business development.
- Strong leadership and consultative skills including ability to coach and mentor team members.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kate Weston quoting reference number: 185211