Analyst Programmer - C/C++, UNIX, SQL
This role sits within a key area of an international logistics business and you will be responsible for core applications and systems, with a main focus on analysis, design, development, testing and implementation to help advance the company's key agenda.
- Analyse business requirements to create specific programs of work
- Assess, design and develop key informational systems.
- Develop clear, concise and re-usable code
- Provide support within agreed SLAs
- Engage in thorough testing and documentation of any system changes
- As required, raise and execute application changes
- Follow company standards for documentation, as well as access, for the applications across their life.
- Follow the company standards on coding, naming and version control procedures
- Develop and provide clear and detailed technical documentation using the company standard.
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in software development and support in a large, commercial environment
- Experience with developing applications in a Unix/Linux based environment
- Solid experience in C/C++ and SQL/Embedded SQL
- Extensive knowledge in Unix/Linux scripting languages
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Ability to analyse and design solutions
- Able to author development documents
- Able to thoroughly test programs and build comprehensive test plans
- Understand risks and manage work appropriately
- Good understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Discipline to work at all levels of details as required.
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong skills in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organisation
- Strong skills and knowledge in relational database systems
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Munro quoting reference: 184526.
Please click the apply button.