Business Systems Analyst
- Analysing clients' existing systems and business models.
- Ability to progress functional decomposition of existing application systems and interfaces.
- Develop solution specifications by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Identify and use the most effective and efficient requirements gathering techniques for a given situation.
- Diagnose, analyse and communicate business and technical issues that may arise during project evaluation, implementation, system upgrade and business use.
- Produce technical specifications to communicate user requirements in technical terms to analyst programmers/project teams.
- Work as an integral component of the project team responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new systems.
- Understand, articulate and effectively communicate the business requirements of users to the Technology group and vendors to ensure that project specifications are accurately captured and agreed.
- Meet with user groups to gather and analyse end user requirements.
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs;
- Perform stakeholder analysis to identify individuals and groups that are affected by a proposed action.
- Assist with deployment and change management required to implement solutions including user support, training, communications and documentation
Required skills and personal attributes
- Strong customer focus with a positive and proactive approach to client service
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- A strong team player at all levels who can assist and develop others in the team
- Ability to apply analytical and conceptual thinking
Required qualifications and preferred experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent technical specification writing/documentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- A strong ability to converse with end-users and Technology staff at all levels of the organisation.
- A solid understanding of the systems/software development lifecycle and experience involved in projects following a structured methodology.
- A strong understanding of project issue identification, issue management, risk management, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Sound ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and analyse business risks and impacts.
- Pro-active approach with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong attention to detail