Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Business Analyst who will contribute to business analysis tasks of a project aimed at improving analytics capability, streamlining access to data and reducing duplication. The project will leverage the agency's Data Platform and decommission the Data Warehouse.
This is a long-term contract for 12 months, located at our Client's Canberra location.
You will bring demonstrated experience and understanding of service delivery functions and processes and be able to apply industry standard business analysis processes and methodologies. Working within a multi-disciplinary agile team will require you to adapt quickly to their environment and add value by engaging with business users, technical staff, and colleagues. Your primary focus is to assist the team understanding business processes and system impacts, ensure the design approach can be implemented within current constraints, and to develop a range of high-quality work artefacts including, but not limited to:
- business scenarios, process maps, data models and use cases
- detailed requirements specifications
- user stories and acceptance criteria, and
- risks and constraints.
The role will be based in our Canberra office, although COVID safe measures may mean working remotely at times.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis for data projects (preferably in government), working in agile teams.40%
- Adaptability in a dynamic environment with ability to manage uncertainty across all levels of the organisation, including senior executives.20%
- Demonstrated technical skills with a proven ability to translate and document stakeholder and business needs into solution requirements and user stories.20%
- Exceptional communication skills including strong influencing and negotiation skills, as well as presentation, facilitation and stakeholder management skills.20%
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #242793
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.